Sunday, July 24, 2011

A million little postage stamps





I love Fig Tree fabrics and chose Breakfast at Tiffany's for my postage stamp quilt. I used Moda Bella Solids Snow for my solid fabric choice. I'm amazed at how well it matches the BAT fabric. Now that the choice is made the cutting begins.

Strips upon strips upon strips upon strips. 3 yards of fabric cut up into 2 1/2 inch strips. That's a grand total of 46 strips or so (maybe a little more, I lost count). I sorted my strips into strip sets and sewed until the cows came home.



After all my strip sets were sewn and pressed I was ready to cut them into 2 1/2 inch strips. And so I cut until the cows came home. And here I am...I lost steam, I admit it. It's a lot of sewing and cutting to get to this point. Can you imagine sewing a million 2 1/2 inch squares together NOT doing the strip sewing method? That's what they used to do, really it is.


I've put my pile of sewn strips aside in blocks and I will get to them when I get to them. I actually need to buy some more Bella Solid Snow so my quilt will be big enough for my queen sized bed. Until I get that, the strips sets will sit. Right now I have to start something new (insert evil laugh).


Baby quilt, here I come....

No comments: