Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Flat chicken and wedgie potatoes

The one meal I can serve that will get my entire family to the dinner table without quibbling. It really is an amazing thing.

The meal dates back to my own childhood, sort of. My mom used to make a version of flat chicken, but she used fish. Usually cod. Now, I prefer chicken breasts. I slice each one in 1/2, pound it thin, dip it in egg, then cracker crumbs and fry it in a bit of butter. It makes a scrumptious crust and when it's served with ginger marmalade (also a discovery of my mother's) it is to die for.

So, that's what we had for dinner tonight. With wedgie potatoes. Red potatoes cut into wedges tossed with olive oil, garlic & herb Mrs. Dash, rock salt and baked in a hot oven for about 45 minutes.

This is the one meal (along with a vegetable of choice) that will roll off Hunter's lips when you ask him what he wants for dinner. It's good, when he wants it I make it because a pickier eater there never was.

No comments: